10 different ways to use olive oil
This post is also available in: Spanish
Who said olive oil can only be used in the kitchen?
A life free of chemicals can start today by using daily olive oil. It’s easier, eco-friendly and better for your skin. You will save money, space in your bathroom and also make your travel luggage smaller.
Make sure to use extra virgin olive oil to get more benefits and not harm your skin.
For some, the smell can be disturbing at the beginning. But you get used to it eventually and as a matter of fact it doesn’t smell at all after a couple of minutes.
Here are 10 awesome ways to use olive oil:
- Moisturize: simply apply it to your body after your shower. You will have a softer skin.
- Remove make-up: put a small amount on your fingertips then rub your eyes slowly paying attention not getting it into your eyeballs. Then take a cotton and remove the make-up and olive oil (you can switch this step). Finally rinse your face with warm (not hot) water to remove excess of oil. That’s the best make-up remover you can find!
- Clean face: pour a small amount onto your hands, apply it to your skin, giving you a little massage. Then rinse your face with warm water, and to close your pores you can finalize with cold water. If your face feels oily, just wait a bit, your skin will absorb it quite fast.
- Remove stretch marks: apply it daily on your marks. They will start disappearing with time.
- Shave (this is a tip for the guys from Rodrigo): prepare your face with warm water, unless you’re just coming out of the shower: Put olive oil on your fingers and spread it on your face, then use a razor to shave as you normally would and rinse with cold water to close the pores. There will be some oil left on your face but you can leave it or pat your face gently with a towel. If you leave some of the oil it will replace the need of an after shave as it moisturizes and also will help renew your skin. Not only your razors will last longer, you can also say good bye to commercial foams, gels and aftershaves.
- Hair conditioner: 10-30 minutes before your shampoo, put few drops in the palm of your hand, warm the oil a bit by rubbing your hands and then apply it to the tips of your hair. You can also do it overnight and wash your hair in the morning to make it more effective.
- Hands and nails: soak your hands in olive oil during 5-10 minutes. Then massage them. Do it twice a week.
- Lips: directly apply a bit on your lips.
- Cracked feet: before sleeping, massage your feet then cover them with loose socks
- Sunburn/wounds: gently rub the affected area and let it absorb. It will repair your skin faster.
I already convinced my friends to use it, so give a try and instead of using different chemical based products, use only one. You will be benefiting yourself, the Earth and your wallet.