6 reasons to drink more water
This post is also available in: Spanish
I used to drink 2 or 3 glasses of water a day or even less.
Now that I drink at least 2 liters of water per day, I really feel much better. My body thanks me. I do not suffer from headaches anymore, my skin is cleaner and I feel more energized.
The problem is that too many people still don’t drink enough water everyday and do not understand what is at stake. That’s why I find it essential to share the benefits of drinking water to encourage you to drink more of this precious liquid.
6 benefits of drinking water:
- It cleans the body of toxins: it flushes out waste and bacteria, reinforcing the immune system. Remember to drink a lot when you are sick.
- It increases your energy: dehydration causes tiredness and weakness. Drinking water will boost your energy.
- It provides you a glowing skin: water naturally moisturizes skin and ensures proper cellular formation.
- It reduces your cravings: hunger is often thirst in disguise. By drinking water you will reduce your hunger thus controlling your calorie intake.
- It improves digestion: make sure to drink before and after eating not while. It will prevent from constipation by adding fluids to the colon.
- It is a headache remedy: headaches are commonly caused by dehydration.
Tips to drink more water:
- Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Add lemon juice if you’d like to have some vitamins.
- Take a water bottle (BPA-free) with you through the day: it helps you see how much you are drinking and how much you still need to drink. It is also better than a regular plastic bottle (for you and for the Earth).
- If you would like to have some flavored water add fresh herbs (mint, basil), citrus fruits (lemon, orange) or vegetable slices (cucumber, strawberry etc.).
- Use filtered water.
- Drink tea between your meals. I love drinking green tea in the afternoon for instance!
- Put 1 to 2 teaspoons of chia seeds in a bottle of water and wait 10 minutes before drinking. It will bring you nutrients and reduce your cravings at the same time.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables: many of them have a high water content.
Remember that the amount of water we should drink depends on each individual. I recommend at least 2 liters per day.
So begin your journey to a healthier life. Drink (more) water!