This post is also available in: Spanish
This pesto seduces everybody (even avocado detractors) because it is creamy and absolutely tasty. It is perfect with pasta and extremely easy to make!
Rich in nutrients such as vitamin A, B, C, E, K, copper, iron, potassium and magnesium, avocado is considered as one of the healthiest foods.
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 pitted ripe avocado
- ½ lemon juice
- Lemon zest to garnish (optional)
- 6/8 leaves of basil (or 2 tablespoons of ground basil)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Mix all ingredients (except olive oil) in a blender until creamy.
- Then add gradually olive oil while mixing.
- Add it to your pasta before serving.
- Top with zest if you desire.
If you would like to know more about the benefits of avocados, read this article.
We also prepared a video for extra guidance (with subtitles in French and Spanish):
Are you ready to try it? Please let us know your impression!