Best Hummus Recipe
Hummus is a trendy recipe that you can see everywhere: on cooking websites, in supermarkets, on Instagram, etc. Why? Because it is tasty, easy to prepare and brings lots of nutrients such as protein, folate, thiamine, manganese, copper, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, omega 3 and 6, etc.
You can eat it with raw vegetables like carrots or celery stalks. You can also use it as a sauce in different meals, in wraps or simply spread it on bread like we do.
It took us a few attempts to master this recipe but we’re pleased to say that this version is fabulous! We have maximized the nutrients availability by soaking the chickpeas and then cooking them on a pressure pot and finally gotten the best hummus recipe we have tried! Let us know what you think:
- 200 g chickpeas
- 300-350 ml water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 and a half lemon
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of tahini (sesame paste)
- a tablespoon of vinegar
- salt & pepper
- half a teaspoon of sweet paprika
- Soak the chickpeas for 8h, then remove the water and let them rest (sprout) at least 8 hours. You can let them sprout 1 day or more if you like.
- Once ready put the chickpeas in a pressure cooker with the garlic cloves (cut the cloves and remove their core) with at least 300 ml of water; add some salt and pepper and cook for 20-25 min.
- Once the chickpeas (and their water) have cooled down a bit put them in a blender and add the rest of the ingredients (tahini, vinegar, paprika, a bit more salt and pepper and the juice of one and a half lemons).
- Mix until creamy.
We made this delicious recipe using Froothie’s Optimum G 2.1 super blender. You can use our coupon code “SM-Optimum-20” at Froothie’s French website, or Froothie’s US website, during checkout and get 20€, or 20 USD, off your order. Take a look at our Optimum 9400’s review or our Optimum G2.1’s review and convince yourself. We would get an small commission, which will be used to cover the costs of the website, but we wouldn’t recommend it if it wasn’t amazing!