How to Cure a Cold, Naturally, in 9 steps
Winter is coming and you can already feel the weather is getting colder. Unfortunately, winter is not the only season where you can catch a cold. The new good news is that no matter which period of the year we are in, these 9 steps will help you recover faster. And guess what? They are completely natural!
The first one is an infusion. Ingredients:
- juice from one lemon
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric (optional)
Put the lemon juice and the ginger in a cup of tea. Once the water is warm, add it to the recipient. Add turmeric and honey. Make sure to drink it while it is still warm.
It is as simple as this! Drink it at least twice per day. Nevertheless the more you drink it, the better.
Now the other steps for a speedy recovery:
- Avoid working out: your body needs to rest to recover from a cold. If you work out it will take longer to recover.
- Drink plenty of water: it is always important to drink a lot of water during the day. If you are sick it is even more essential as water will cleanse your body.
- Consume garlic: garlic contains allicin which provides garlic its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties. It will strengthen your immune system and will help your body to fight unwanted bacteria. Eat it raw to get the best of its benefits (add it to your salads for instance). You can also do a garlic soup. It is amazingly tasty.
- Honey is your best friend: especially if your throat hurts because it soothes inflammation.
- Avoid refined white sugar: white sugar has a bad effect on your immune system. Processed foods usually contain this type of sugar, so read the labels and try to avoid them as much as possible. We offer you some alternatives to sweeten your life at a previous article.
- Stop consumption of dairy products: some people experience increased mucus production when eating dairy and this can exacerbate if their immune system is compromised (inflamated). For this, we recommend to avoid dairy products while fighting a cold.
- Rest: not only you should avoid working out, you should rest even more than you normally do. Allow your body to be quiet. Remember, if you are sick you won’t be able to be as productive as you wish.
- Add some spices to your tea or your meals: cayenne pepper and cinnamon, for example, have anti-microbial properties.
You see? You don’t need any chemicals to recover from a cold 😉