Easy quinoa watermelon salad
Want some fresh salad? Impress your loved ones with this easy quinoa-watermelon salad.
- 2 cups of diced watermelon
- 1 cup of rinsed quinoa
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 ball of crumbled mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 15 chopped fresh basil leaves (or 2 tablespoons of ground basil)
- salt & pepper
- Put quinoa in a pot and add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Then simmer during 15-20 minutes (until little tails appear).
- In the meantime, put in a bowl watermelon, honey, basil, salt & pepper and mix them together.
- Add mozzarella and lemon juice (you can also drop the cheese or add any vegetarian alternative if you prefer).
- When the quinoa is ready, let it cool from 10-15 minutes and add it to the rest.
What is watermelon good for? It is rich in vitamins and minerals, low in calories, it reduces body fat, make your bones stronger and reduces inflammation.
If you would like to know more about the many other benefits of watermelon, click here.