Feta and black olives cake
- 180 g flour
- 50 ml olive oil
- 20 black olives sliced
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons chopped basilic
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs
- 2 eggs
- 120 ml vegetal milk (soy milk for instance)
- 180 g feta
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C°
- Mix flour with baking powder, turmeric, salt, pepper, basilica and mixed herbs. Add the eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- Then, add olive oil and milk.
- Finally add crumbled feta and black olives.
- Pour the preparation into a cake pan (lined with baking paper). Bake for 45 minutes. Pinch slightly the middle of the cake with a knife to see if it is ready (you know it is ready if the knife comes out dry).
As we told you before, olives are rich in nutrients. They contain healthy fat that helps increase the good cholesterol and help you lose weight. They have anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties and are a good source of iron.
If you would like to know more about the benefits of olives, read this article.