Healthy banana bread
This post is also available in: Spanish
Another sweet and healthy alternative to share with the people you love. You can have it either as a dessert or as a part of your breakfast.
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 2 eggs (you can replace them by 2 tablespoons of flax seeds and 6 tablespoons of water mixed together).
- a handful of chocolate chips (additional)
- Preheat oven to 150°C
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the two eggs and mix well (do not be tempted to add water, the texture has to be doughy, not creamy).
- Mash the bananas and add them to the mixture. Mix well.
- Add the honey and the chocolate chips.
- Place the mixture in a loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Insert a knife (or a toothpick) in the center. If it comes out clean it is ready.
Benefits of eating bananas: they bring you energy, sustain your blood pressure, protect against cramps, aid digestion, help your memory (because of potassium) and help you reduce your cravings.
If you want to know more benefits of eating bananas, read this article.