How to make almond milk?
This post is also available in: Spanish
Almond milk is a healthy alternative to animal milk and you can use it for your breakfast, smoothies and in the kitchen too.
- 70-100g of almonds (or other nuts you prefer: walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, etc)
- 1L of filtered water
- sweetener of your choice (fruit syrups, cinnamon, dates, vanilla extract etc.)
- Soak the almonds for at least 4h, if you soak them overnight it will be creamier.
- Put almonds and water in a blender. Mix during 1-2 minutes.
- Put the milk through a strainer using a tablespoon to press it out (keep the pulp and reuse it with cereals, fruit salad or smoothies, it's delicious!). Repeat the step once more (or as many times as you wish) to remove all the pulp.
- Add a sweetener of your choice (if you'd like to) and mix one last time. I use cinnamon and organic dates syrup for instance.
If you need some visual guidance here is our video showing you how to do it: