How to make asparagus leeks risotto?
This post is also available in: Spanish
- 300g arborio rice
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 onion chopped
- 100 ml white wine (optional)
- 1 chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 leek chopped
- 35g parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Peel the lower stalks of the asparagus. Put them together in a saucepan with boiling water (1L) during 5 minutes. Once they are tender, remove them from the saucepan, run them under cold water and set them aside.
- Add the vegetable stock to the water where you boiled the asparagus.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and add the chopped leeks. Add salt & pepper. Cook 15 minutes until tender.
- Dice the asparagus and add it to the saucepan. Cook during 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a large pan, heat olive oil. Add onion until translucent then add the rice until translucent too. Add wine and continue to stir until the wine has been absorbed.
- Add two ladles of stock and stir. Once stock is absorbed, add another two ladles. Stir until absorbed. Repeat until there is no more stock and the rice is tender.
- When the rice is done, reduce the heat, add leeks, asparagus and Parmesan cheese. Stir until fully incorporated.