Nutritional summer salad
Summer is not over yet, there is still some time left for eating outdoors. Try this simple, colorful salad and share your impressions please.
- 1 chopped carrot
- 5 cherry tomatoes cut in two
- ½ ripe avocado
- ¼ chopped cucumber (peal half of it)
- 5-6 basil leaves
- 25-50g of cooked pasta (optional)
- 2 dry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- a handful of provencal herbs
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mix carefully the vegetables and pasta (if you decided to add some) in a bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing olive oil, balsamic vinegar, provencal herbs, honey, salt and pepper. Add it to the rest.
- Cut basil and add it to the salad.
Have you ever thought that basil is a wonderful herb? Indeed it is, and also for your health as it contains iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C and potassium.
So what are you waiting for? Try adding it to your favorite dishes and let us know the result! You can also use it to make our delicious and popular avocado pesto.
If you want to know more about the health benefits of basil, read this interesting article.