Optimum G2.1 Review
When we launched our #30VeganDays challenge Froothie France borrowed us an Optimum 9400, one of the finest blenders we have ever tried and we loved it! We wanted to try another of their blenders and just a few days ago we got our hands on Froothie’s most powerful blender the Optimum G2.1 Platinum. Here is our review.
- First of all, it is indeed more powerful than its predecessor. You can see the change even in the first speed: 2,835 watts on the G2.1 versus 2,238 watts on the 9400.
- The design is much more beautiful and it has no buttons. It is fully digital.
- The jug seems more resistant than both the Optimum 9400’s and Vitamix 5200. It is wider than the jug you got with the 9400 which makes your life easier when scooping your recipes from the bottom of the jug.
- It has 6 pre-defined programs (Fruit, Sorbet, Grind, Nutmilk, Soup, Sauces) which would allow you to leave the blender while it prepares your recipes. Same as the Optimum 9400 it cleans itself, the upside here is that you can program the G2.1 to make it even simpler. For example, lets say you made a hummus, so the blender is not that dirty. Simply set the speed 8 for 60 seconds and hit start, it will automatically stop after 60 seconds with a jug perfectly clean.
- Guaranteed for 10 years (the motor) against 5 for the 9400.
- The jug has no measure for cups.
- It is not possible to decrease the speed nor the time once you start the blending cycle. You need to fully stop the cycle.
- It is a bit more expensive than the 9400: 450 € against 399 € (in the French site)
- That is it.
Honestly, there are no many cons. Both blenders are awesome! If Froothie would made a blender with the G2.1’s power, design, jug and the manual features of the 9400 they would make the perfect blender.
Both blenders include a tamper tool, a recipe book and a nut milk bag and both jugs are designed to blend dry and wet food so if you ask me which one to buy I would reply it is a matter of budget and how much you need to manually tune your blends (if any). Last but not least both machines come with a 30 day money back guarantee.
You can buy your own Optimum mixer in different countries. If you happen to be in France, or in the US, you can use our coupon code (SM-Optimum-20) at Froothie’s French website, or Froothie’s US website, during checkout and get 20€, or 20 USD, off your order. Please be aware that while we would get a small commission from your purchases when using our coupon, we did not get paid to write this article and that we have decided to endorse Froothie’s blenders after we have thoroughly tested them.
Here is the link to our review of the Optimum 9400.