Quinoa mushrooms thyme recipe
This post is also available in: Spanish
- ½ onion
- ¾ cup quinoa (soaked at least 5 hours - optional)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200 g mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 35 g parmesan cheese or any cheese substitute
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Rinse quinoa and put it in a medium pot. Add 1½ cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a pan.
- Dice the onion and add the chunks to the pan until they become translucent.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook them until the mushroom's water evaporates.
- Add thyme and garlic until fragrant.
- Finally add quinoa and combine it with the other ingredients during a couple of minutes.
- Before serving, top with the cheese (or substitute) of your choice.
If the quinoa is still not ready but has already absorbed all water do not hesitate to add more water (like you would do with rice for risotto).