Rice noodles with spicy carrots and beets in coconut milk
This post is also available in: Spanish
- 6 beets
- 150 g of rice noodles
- 3 carrots
- olive oil
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- teaspoon of cumin
- teaspoon of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1-4 sprigs of cilantro
- Rinse the beets and peel them. Cut them into squares and put them in a pressure pot. Add water until beets are covered. Lock the lid and bring to pressure over high heat.
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add onion until translucent. Add jalapeño diced into chunks and cilantro. Then add cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper and salt. Let cook few minutes then add carrots until tender.
- Finally add beets and coconut milk and simmer during 5-8 minutes.
- Prepare rice noodles and assemble them with the curry.