This post is also available in: Spanish FrenchWhen we...
Why should I submit content to Sum Mundus?
“I am he, as you are he, as you are me, and we are all together” (Paul McCartney, John Lennon).
Internet allow us to connect with each other instantaneously. We no longer have to wait for the mailman to deliver us the long awaited letters from our loved ones. We do not have to wait for the morning newspaper to know what is going on on the other side of the world. These days, we can reach pretty much anybody with more ease than ever before.
Since we launched Sum Mundus, several of our friends and even people we never met before, have contacted us after reading some of our articles to thank us for writing them and sharing them. Every time we received a thank you note related to any of those articles the other person also said something along these lines: the article reached them at the right time, it gave them tools to address the situation they were facing, and/or, it helped them solve their own issues.
“The tongue has the power of life and death” (Proverbs 18:21).
We might not be aware but words are quite powerful. They can either build or destroy which means that each and every single one of us have immense power within us: as an Architect, a builder, a creator or as a destroyer.
By sharing your experience you are contributing to making the world a better place, as someone on the other side of the planet, or perhaps closer than you can imagine, will benefit from your knowledge.
Guidelines for your submission
You can submit food recipes, tips, advices and/or stories about personal growth, relationships, nutrition, household, fitness, etc. It is up to you! Just mind the following please:
- Recipes: focus on healthy dishes. It could be how you turn your childhood favorite caloric, meat based dish into a healthy vegetarian (or vegan) delicacy. Please include ingredients (with measurements), clear directions on how to prepare your recipe, a picture of your prepared dish (high quality preferred) and a paragraph on why your recipe has a place in your heart. If possible add a line on the benefits of eating it (nutritional contents).
- Tips, advices, stories, essays and similar submissions: there is no minimum or maximum in terms of word count.
For us, the most important thing is that your contributions fulfill our PIVO criteria:
- Positive: Part of our mission is “to bring hope to a world that is craving for it”. So please make sure that your posts have a positive tone and that they encourage constructive action.
- Interesting: Write about things you know about. If you are unsure about a particular topic but you believe that it is engaging then please do some research before submitting your content. An informed and well researched article is much more likely to be appealing to others.
- Valuable: If your post is improving the knowledge of our audience and/or if it promotes values such as community, compassion, consciousness, courage, creativity, fairness, freedom, growth, happiness, health, hopefulness, joy, kindness, love, peace, self-awareness, etc and/or if your post is offering practical information that will help our audience face similar challenges, then you are adding value.
- Original: We are searching for posts that have not been published anywhere else yet and, they should also been written by yourself.
Technical aspects of your submission
- Write your story in a word processor (Microsoft Word, LibreOffice Writer, etc).
- Check your spelling manually or run the spell check within your word processor application.
- If you would like to show a picture of yourself next to your bio please upload the photo at gravatar.com. Please use the same email address that you are providing here.
- If your submission is a recipe then, an image of the dish is compulsory. Else, you can attach a “feature image”. This is the picture that you see on top of the posts. Ideal size is 700 pixels (width) x 450 pixels (height).
- Feel free to include a quote to be associated with your post.
- Last but not least, submit your content using the form below.
Please be aware that we may reply back with questions/comments related to your submission, and we may edit/change the title or parts of the content before publishing it on the site (for example, in case you use swear words ;))
Everybody has got something to say. Please share your thoughts. They might save another person’s day, or life!
Remember: You Are The Architect of the World!
This post is also available in: Spanish FrenchWell, this is...
This post is also available in: Spanish FrenchHummus is a...
This post is also available in: Spanish FrenchToday it is...