Sweet Potato Gnocchi (vegan & gluten free)
This post is also available in: Spanish
I am an unconditional fan of gnocchi. I’ve already made them with different flavors: classic with potatoes, with spinach and lemon and like in this recipe: with sweet potatoes (my favorites so far).
This recipe is not really difficult if you follow my advice step by step and the result is so amazing that you need to give a try! Also, it does need any eggs nor wheat flour (for those of you who are gluten intolerant).
- 300g of cooked sweet potatoes (around 2 sweet potatoes)
- 65g of cornstarch
- 60g of rice flour
- Mix flour, cornstarch and sweet potatoes together until you get a puree
- Make a ball with the mixture and divide it into 4 pieces.
- Roll each one of the pieces into sausage shapes and cut them in cubes
- To give their traditional shapes to the gnocchis press and roll them against a fork's back
- To cook them plunge them into simmering water (water should not be boiling a lot, just bubbling with tiny bubbles otherwise it will break the gnocchis)
- Cook them until they rise to the surface of the water (it is better to cook them 10 by 10 so that they do not fall apart)
- Get them off the water with precaution and serve them with your favorite sauce
Take a look at the video below and please help us share the recipe: