How to Make Vegan Bolognese
Here is a tasty, vegan, alternative to the loved and famous bolognese sauce:
- 8 mushrooms
- 4 tomatoes
- 12 olives
- 1 minced onion
- 1 cup walnuts (or a mix of nuts)
- 4 carrots roughly cut
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- few capers (additional)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Mix mushrooms with carrots, onion and garlic. Add olives and walnuts until chopped (but not perfectly).
- Transfer into a pot with ¼ cup of water and cook for 10 minutes. Add more water if it gets dry.
- In the meantime, mix tomatoes with salt, pepper, olive oil and capers. You should get a puree.
- Add it to the rest. Bring to a simmer and cook during 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with pasta, rice or zucchini noodles.
- You can even use it as a sauce in lasagnas or in pizzas