16 reasons to learn another language
This post is also available in: Spanish
It has been said that learning another language (or more than one) has many benefits. Among those benefits, listed in a column by The Telegraph are:
- Become a multitasker or improve your multitasking skills.
- Reduce the probability of getting Alzheimer or dementia.
- Memory improvement.
- Better perception.
- Improved decision making.
Through my personal experience I have also realized that:
- You become more open to different ideas (even if they seemed quite weird at the beginning).
- You are more tolerant.
- You become more eloquent.
- You are able to focus better on single tasks as well.
- You become funner.
- You get smarter.
- You are more able to understand different customs and/or jokes.
- You are more sociable.
- You are more interesting.
- You are more helpful, if needed.
- And most importantly, you reinforce the idea that no matter which language the other person speaks you are closer to each other than you think.
For all these reasons, and also considering that you can translate our articles with certain ease but not the pictures we post. We have decided to start publishing some of those pictures in the different languages we, luckily, speak (English, French, Spanish and German). We sincerely hope that you like the initiative and that besides helping you learn (or “re-learn”) those languages it will benefit you in other (unlisted) and unexpected ways.
Please let us know what you think. And of course if you would like us to add another language, please submit your own pictures either on a comment here, on our Facebook page or drop us an e-mail and we will do our best to add your contribution ASAP.
In the meantime, you can find our first batch here: