How To Make Vegan Pancakes
This recipe is a delicious, yet healthy alternative to standard pancakes. It has no dairy, no sugar and it is really simple and fast to prepare (about 10-15 minutes in total).
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking power
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (you can also use walnut oil)
- 1 tablespoon of dates/agave/maple syrup
- In a bowl mix flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder
- In a small bowl mix the flaxseed with 2 tablespoons of water, let it rest for a bit then add coconut oil and fruit syrup and add the mixture to the first bowl.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. When it is hot, pour a bit of the mixture into it. Cook during 2-3 minutes until bubbles begin to form and its edges are dry. Turn over and cook another 1-2 minutes
- Serve with fruits, jam or any topping of your choice.
Using fruit syrup brings you a great alternative to sugar. Dates syrup is one of our favorites. Dates are a great of source of minerals (calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc etc.), vitamins and fiber. They help your digestive system and prevent constipation. They strengthen your bones, lower blood pressure, boost your energy (because they are rich in natural sugar) and they take care of your heart (because they are rich in potassium which reduces your cholesterol).
If you would like to know more about these and many other benefits of dates, click here.