Quinoa with Sweet Potatoes & Black Beans
Are you familiar with sweet potatoes? They are amazingly tasty. Combined with quinoa and beans even more so! Indeed, quinoa will give a kind of crunchy texture while beans will make it soft.
It is believed that they are original from Central and South America and they are one of the most nutritious vegetables. They will bring you vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, potassium (helpful for your heart), manganese (stabilizes the appetite and helps the body utilize the antioxidants) and magnesium (to help you lower your stress). They also have anti-inflammatory properties and regulate your digestion.
Take a look at this recipe and please tell us what you think:
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 cup of rinsed quinoa
- 300 g of black beans soaked overnight
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of chipotle (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 juice of a lemon
- salt & pepper
- Put all the ingredients in a pressure cooker.
- Add water so that all ingredients are covered.
- Lock the lid and bring to high pressure. When the pressure cooker is making noise lower the heat to maintain pressure and cook during 15-20 minutes.
- Let it cool until it does not make noise anymore.
- Open the pressure cooker and wait a bit before serving it.