Vegan spring curry
I came across a recipe of a vegan curry on Marie Laforêt’s book “Healthy Vegan” and decided to try it. We bought this book when we decided to start the #30VeganDays challenge to help us through our journey.
We’ve already tried several recipes and I have to admit that this is my favorite one! Well, lentils and coconut milk are always a good combo. I couldn’t resist to add my personal touch to the recipe, so this is not the original one! Be free to modify this recipe too!
- 500g of fresh broad beans (with their shells)
- 3 cups of coconut milk
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- 500g of white/green asparagus
- 1 cup of red lentils sooked at least 4 hours
- 2 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- a bit of ginger (fresh or in powder)
- coconut oil
- 1 lemon juice
- salt (optional)
- a handful of basil leaves
- Start first with the fresh broad beans. Get off their shells and put them in boiling water during 5 minutes. Once ready, put them in cold water and get off their second shell.
- Remove asparagus skin with a peeler. Cut them in two pieces: the head (around 5 cm long) and the body (around 10 cm long).
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan. Add garlic, onion and ginger. Cook during 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until they release their water.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Then add the lentils and the asparagus (only the body). Cook during 10 minutes.
- Then add the broad beans and the head of the asparagus and cook during 5 to 10 minutes until asparagus are soft.
- Add salt and pepper if you'd like to.
- Turn off the heat and add the lemon juice and basil leaves.