Vegetarian stuffed zucchinis
If you have a lot of zucchinis, try this amazing vegetarian version of stuffed zucchinis. Your family, friends or guests are going to love it!
This is really simple to make and the result is delicious! It is also a way to let your guests try quinoa if they haven’t tried it before.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 4 chopped carrots
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced garlic cloves
- 150 g quinoa
- 150 g red lentils
- olive oil
- turmeric curry salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Rinse quinoa with cold water. Add it with lentils in a pot of boiling water. Let them cook during 20-25 minutes. When they are ready, remove the remaining water and add salt to the mixture.
- In the meantime, put olive oil in a big pan. Add onion and garlic. Add turmeric, curry, salt and pepper. Cook during 2-3 minutes. Add carrots and cook until tender.
- While carrots are cooking, cut the two zucchinis in half and remove the inside body. Add the inside to the pan with the carrots during 3-5 minutes.
- Put salt and olive oil inside the zucchinis and bake during 15 minutes.
- When the carrot mixture is ready (it has to feel tender), add lentils and quinoa to the pan and mix well.
- Remove the zucchinis from the oven and spread the mixture into it (do not hesitate to fill well).
- Bake during another 15 minutes at 180C°.
- Add cilantro before serving.
What about quinoa?
I am sure you have heard about quinoa. But have you ever tried this super grain?
Quinoa is one of the foods with more protein you can find and with all the essential amino acids that you need. It also contains iron, twice as much fiber as other grains, magnesium and antioxidants.
So what are you waiting to try this amazing little grain? You can find it in your supermarket or if not in a bio-shop. They can be white or red but be aware that the red ones contain most nutrients.
If you would like to know more about the health benefits of quinoa, read this article.
This recipe was inspired on an idea from Greencuisine.