Why should I love myself?
Have you ever thought about taking time to take care of yourself? To relax, breathe and feel in love with yourself? If not, it’s time to replace your old patterns by new ones. It’s time to fall in love… with you.
LOVE. Only four letters for the most powerful feeling. But what does it really mean to love yourself?
- It starts with awareness: Be aware of your soul, your body and all its parts, your presence. Be sensitive of its movement, its reaction. Feel your existence, that you are alive, that you are breathing. See your own beauty. Open or enhance the perception of yourself.
- It follows with acceptance: Accept yourself, who you are, your mind, your personality, your qualities. Repeat to yourself, in an affirmative way that you are unique, beautiful, kind, smart, confident, safe: “I am unique, I am beautiful…”. Keep saying that you love yourself (if you can do it in front of a mirror at the beginning it is more effective), with time the feeling will be stronger.
- Replace your negative thoughts by positive ones: Don’t waste time and energy on your weaknesses. Learn to see the bright side on everything. Everybody is beautiful inside. Focus on your strengths. Value yourself, your dreams. Adopt a supportive internal dialogue. Also don’t try to be perfect, because you already are! Trying to reach perfection is trying to fit a pattern. Do not try to be someone else.
- Take care of yourself: How can you love yourself when you neglect your body? Eat healthy food, exercise, get enough sleep. Taking care of yourself must be your priority. Listen to your body. If it tells you not to go out and get some rest, listen to it! Put yourself first and respect yourself.
- Let go: Forget meeting people’s expectations in order to feel accepted. Stop seeking external validation. Love yourself for being you. Take decisions that are right for you. Live for yourself not for others. You will then experience real freedom.
It might seem selfish to love yourself but it is actually the opposite. By truly loving yourself, you will be able to love others for real. Indeed, how can you love other people without loving yourself first?
All your relationships will benefit from it. Your partner will feel you more relaxed, centered, in peace, simply in love with yourself and s/he will love it.
You will have more energy as you will start doing things without thinking “Am I right?”, “should I do it this way or that way?”. You will be happier, less stressed, more open and will also attract people who will sincerely love you too. It will even make you grow in all possible ways.
Your friends and family will also appreciate the real loving you. You will realize that you are even transmitting your radiating energy to everyone around you. Everybody will ask you what your secret is. You will be a hub of happiness, is not that wonderful?
The only one who can bring change to your life is you. Review your priorities. The new era of unconditional love starts within you. IRRADIATE LOVE <3