3 Minutes Raw Ketchup
This post is also available in: Spanish
Who does not like ketchup? This delicious home made recipe does not need any cooking so the ingredients will preserve all their nutrients. You can make it in just a few minutes so it is perfect for when you are in a rush but still would like to eat healthy. Yes, here at Sum Mundus we think about your health also during those busy days!
Before giving you the recipe let us show you some interesting facts about tomatoes:
- It is better not to remove their skin because it has carotenoids.
- When you eat them with healthy fats (avodado or olive oil) your body absorbs carotenoids better.
Are you wondering what carotenoids are? They are compounds that behave as antioxidants. There are about 600 types of them, some of them are beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin and lycopene. They have significant benefits such as: protect memory, strengthen the immune system, help prevent certain types of cancer, prevent the development of cardiovascular diseases, cataracts and muscular degeneration. Amazing, isn’t it?
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 3 dates
- 1 garlic clove (size according to your preference)
- 60g dried tomatoes
- 5 olive oil spoons
- 1 vinegar spoon
- salt and pepper
- herbs you might want to add (thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil, salvia, etc.)
- Put all the ingredients on a blender and mix them until it becomes creamy.
We made this recipe with Froothie’s Optimum 9400 super blender. You can use our coupon code “SM-Optimum-20” at Froothie’s French website, or Froothie’s US website, during checkout and get 20€, or 20 USD, off your order. Take a look at our Optimum 9400’s review and convince yourself. We would get an small commission, which will be used to cover the costs of the website, but we wouldn’t recommend it if it wasn’t amazing!